Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Life in Perth 2010, bbqs, visits, games and friends.

When I first arrived in Perth, they had what was the biggest hail storm I have ever been in!  The hail balls were the size of golf balls, producing hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage to windows of buildings, but especially vehicles.  The below video was taken from outside of my front door on the day.  Thankfully Kombi was alright!

Calm after the storm.  Being on the west coast, Perth has some of the most amazing sunsets.  Above was taken near Hillary's boat harbor, north of Perth city where I lived when I first got here.  Below was taken from Cottesloe Beach, where I lived afterwards and the third was taken from Trigg beach, where I lived in between!
Cottesloe Beach
A lawyer do some work for brought a colleague, a friend of mine and myself to our first Dockers (Footie/ AFL) game!

The sad night of Ainsley packing up and leaving... In one year, the three good female friends I made all left... Ainsley was the first.  Below she is at the airport, Canada bound.  We still keep in touch and she is doing well back in the prairies, but is sorely missed in Perth!

  The second was my best roommate here, Emma.  She was from the east coast and initially left to return home, but then returned to live somewhere not far from Kalgoorlie, about 5 hours east of Perth with her boyfriend for work.  I have yet to make it out there but will be sure to before I leave. Above and below are pictures of her netball games.  I couldn't play because of my knee, but I would go and cheer them on.  By the time they were in the finals, I was making posters and knew her team members by name!

A day away from Perth with Emma, her boyfriend Mark and his mate.  They dropped us off on the beach and went fishing, while we relaxed and suntanned.  I think the idea was that we were fishing too from shore, but we didn't really get around to it :) 




Dockers Final Game against St. Kilda, September 2010




Fyfe, my favorite player.  I felt he was the underdog because he was the smallest one out there and seemed very young, so I cheered for him. 
Emma and her new car!  Ready to drive the Nullarbor.  Twice!!!
Trigg beach, just outside of where Emma and I lived.

Below are pictures of King's Park.  They are taken over a number of days, bbq's with Silke and Australia Day!




View of Perth City from King's Park
BBQ with Silke and friends before she left back to Germany.










Above: random day of skating with a Canadian CS who was on her way through Perth.  Leave it to two Canadians to find one of three rinks on this side of the country!  Apparently they have a few leagues and each team from each league has their own arena which they share with a team from the other league (three teams a league).  Believe it or not, they get more ice time in Australia than we do with a dozen or so rinks per small town!
Sunset from my neighbor Glenn's balcony while living in Trigg
Below are pics. of an art/sculpture contest on Cottesloe beach which they have each year.  This was where I met Ainsley my first year here.  The below pics are taken of this years show. 







No comments:

Post a Comment