Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

3 random weekend road trips in WA 2010

With Uni and work, I have only managed three road trips this semester to near by towns, meaning I was only able to get away once every 6.5 weeks!  But it was worth it.

For the first trip, Ainsley, a Canadian CS and I drove Kombi to Margaret River, a small surfing town down the coast from Perth.  I couldn't tell you how far it actually is because we got lost coming and going and nearly took 4 hours each way, but for some reason I don't think it is actually that far...


While in Margaret River we went to a music festival, hung out with some Australian CSs, joined a party and went to watch a surfing competition.  Well worth the drive!








Four CS in Margaret River
We bought this particular wine solely because of the Kombi on the label.  I guess marketing schemes aren't lost on us.


Ha, we passed this sign three times before we found the way!
One afternoon not long after, Ainsley and I headed for Serpentine Falls for a short hike, to check out the area.  I guess maybe Canada has spoiled me with waterfalls, because while this was nice, I wouldn't really rate it and probably wouldn't have even remembered it had I not taken the pic.  The hike left much to be desired as well, but the kangaroos made the journey worth it!










The hike was called Bateman's Bluff.  We actually had to get to the top to realize why...


They were not kidding...


Just less than two months later I joined two other CS for a drive to Wave Rock.  5 hours later, this was it!  






No comments:

Post a Comment